Sunday 24 October 2021

Future Wars Update 009 - Additional Buildings

Recently deciding that I needed a bit of variety for my terrain set-ups for my on-going 'Future Wars' project, and specifically a mix up on the buildings front to get a bit of Urban architectural diversity. I had already spotted some tidy bits and bobs with the Warmill ranges that I liked, so after a bit of deliberation I plumped for the Mini Mansion set, an extra Block Unit and a stair pack from the C.A.S.H. range to allow a bit of additional flexibility and some trendy fencing,from their Ultramodern range, all of which arrived in a nice weighty parcel at my door this week.

Digging out the parcel this evening and having a look over the contents, all looked present and correct, I opened up the Block Unit kit as a trail assembly and quickly cobbled together the unit. Taking a little over and hour to clip out and tidy up the pieces and then assemble using some PVA the kit went together nice and easily and now ready (after the glues dried) to undercoat and a spot of paint a suitable and simple paint job tomorrow.

At the same time as ordering up the Warmill stuff, I ordered a bit of scatter terrain pieces from Miniature Scenary over in Oz for a bit of trendy set dressing but these are still in transit but looking forward for a bit of Urban Landscaping when they arrive.

This terrain side project will be on-going but with the ease that the first kit went together, it shouldn't be long before all added to the shelf for a good boost to the Urban options.

6 comments:

  1. Looking good, I'm still getting through my 15mm scenery for Tomorrows War type games.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andy. You've got fair bit for 15mm as I remember and TW plays much better in 15mm. Need to get a game sometime, been ages since my last TW outing

      Delete
  2. Nice! Have you looked at the Warbases Sci Favela range? There are some nice bits and pieces there for this genre.

    Cheers, Ross

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ross, haven't checked Warbases newer ranges but heard good things. I'll have a look as I like the have bit of variety in the architecture. Cheers

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...