Friday 3 April 2020

Isolation Exercise


Setting myself a bit of of a challenge here and have set up a solo skirmish game using the Thud & Blunder rules. The challenge (exercise) part is that a good part of the table set up includes a large part of unpainted/incomplete terrain and figures and the idea is to complete all the terrain pieces and figures before I complete the game.


I deliberately chose pieces thst were either incomplete or not started in the main and have started working my way through the items on the set-up. So far most of the accessories are complete with just some barrels to do, the GW Osgiliath ruins are done and a couple of the trees are complete.


The warbands are a mixture of complete and incomplete figures (mainly incomplete) and I'll start working my way through the chosen figs next.

The warbands are all set up and 'The Merchant Adventurers', 'The Glitter Twins' and ' The Celesterale' are ready to rock in the scenario 'Bad Day at Ganish Aer'.



I'll introduce the players in more detail as they are painted.


I've a few more bits under way at the moment which I'll post seperately that I'm doing with all the extra time available with this isolation thing going on and flitting a bit from bits to bits as the mood takes me. So more anon.

Take care, stay safe and stay sane!

1 comment:

  1. What a great exercise! I often build games based around what models are complete and I have a Kingdom Death Monster campaign where I update the survivors band based on personnel and equipment/tech between sessions. The modular nature of the survivor sprues makes that an attractive option. I'd also like to actually build the settlement structures and run a more tabletop skirmish style RPG with it. I just like the idea of enduring structures but the reality of incorporating those across multiple games is a struggle for me.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...