Wednesday 5 August 2020

A couple of Adventurers




A couple of random figures in the form of two of the Artizan Design Adventurers, which I think they no longer do.

The figures have been sitting in the painting queue three quarters complete for a while and I decided to finish them off and get them out of the queue.

Simple deserty bases for tboth figures, which in hindsight could do with a bit of interest and might add a couple of dry tufts or a small stone or two just to lift them a bit.





Nice and slightly unusual subjects for adventurers, Artizan didn't do very many and don't think they sold well but have the Artizan look which I like right across their catalogue.

The Middle-eastern moor type is nice but I particularly like the fighter. Not sure why, but makes me think of a Greek/Byzantine type somewhere in Egypt or India doing the Alexander TG thing in far away places.

I've another couple of the adventurers to be done from the pack which are an elf wizard type and a female thief which are both unfussy and generic of their type and will be added to the paint queue in due course.

12 comments:

  1. Nice work on those, I like the slightly more dark ages/ sword and sandal look to them, which you have enhanced with the color choices.

    I did not recall that Artizan did adventurers... other than the hands, they do great figures, so more of these would have been welcome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that. Totally agree that Artizan should have done more of these Adventurer types as they are very nice but alas, obviously not where their interests lie.

      Delete
  2. They look great! I don’t remember ever seeing these on the Artizan site, so I can’t wait to see the rest of the pack!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, will get to the other two 'fairly soon' :-)

      Delete
  3. Very nice! I do like the chap on the left.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work! I don't recall seeing these Artizan figures before, either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Jonathan, some nice figures and quite unusual, worth looking out for, for interest

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...