Tuesday 18 August 2015

French Perry Plastics

Seeing the '3 Ups' for the forthcoming French-ness from the Perry's as part of their Agincourt to Orleans range I am taken by the difference between these and the already released English Plastics and the notable differences that they portray.

This is, in fairness, is mainly in the realms of the head gear and the use of crossbow's admittedly, but I see a considerable difference in the poses and postures of the figures too. 

I have noted a recent trend in the sculpts to be more elongated in the torso which I don't like particularly but still very nice and useful figures on the way.





I can see myself using a lot of these, where as the English plastic box set from the range didn't do it for me and couldn't see any use for myself. Maybe I just like spear and crossbow rather than longbow and more longbow :-).

As the blurb on the Perry pic above say's, they can be used many European armies and this is where I'm likely to use these but probably with some head swops for some more central/eastern European head gear or maybe even a few Scot's. The whole benefit of plastics after-all.














Looking forward to their release, when ever that is, in an event.

4 comments:

  1. These look great - not likely to be released this year, it seems. Maybe the Perry Bros. have a Xmas surprise for us :) Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the review, I'll have to grab some of these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I hadn't really looked at these since the period is not in my wheelhouse right now.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...