Monday, 10 August 2026

Inquisitor Eisenhorn - WIP

 

WIP pic of the iconic GW 54mm Eisenhorn model for the old Inquisitor game that I'm just now getting round to painting after around 20 years or so.

Have always meant to get round to the figure but never had the inspiration to get round to it until I recently noticed the Sacred Temple bases range from Unreal Wargames Studio and thought the base above would be a great set piece for the model.

Now that I have the base and such to give me the oomph, I set about assembling the model and getting it primed and zenithal highlighted in prep for the painting.


Model up for review

Having undercoated and such, I really liked the look of the model as is, quite stricking and moody. I think I'll give the figure a light sepia wash before I start the painting just as an experiment to see if it looks suitably moody and record the result.

Once I get into the paint job proper, I'm not aiming to do anything fancy but will be based around the box art though think I'll go with a darker palette for the figure and complimentary ligher range for the base but we'll see.


Model Box Art

This one is put to the side for a few weeks as I go away for bit of a break to sunnier climes for a bit but will post additional WIP pics on Instragram when I have some progress along with the finished article once complete here.

No comments:

Post a Comment